BETA This is our new website – we'd love your feedback.


Tunbridge Wells Borough Council logo
Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Some of our services have temporarily stopped or changed. See our Changes to Council services page for services’ status and our Coronavirus updates section for latest information.

Civic Amenity Vehicle

Due to the current coronavirus outbreak, the Civic Amenity Vehicle Service has been suspended until further notice. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

How does it work?

Every fortnight, the Civic Amenity Vehicle visits a village in the Tunbridge Wells Borough.

You can bring unwanted large items and/or household waste and have it taken away for free.

Check the timetable to find out when the Civic Amenity Vehicle will be in your area next.

What can you bring?

You can take most common household waste along, as well as many large items.

What's not allowed?

There are some things that you can't bring. That's because the vehicle can't dispose of the items in a safe way or because the items are too big.

  • Waste from outside the Tunbridge Wells Borough
  • Waste transported in a commercial vehicle
  • Car batteries
  • Rubble/bricks
  • Doors & large pieces of wood
  • White electrical products, for example fridges or freezers
  • Sheet(s) of glass
  • Mirrors
  • Chemicals, hazardous waste or any type of liquid
  • Paint
  • Waste from Businesses
  • Waste on trailers
  • Asbestos
  • Plasterboard
  • Any kind of garden waste
  • Televisions, kettles or microwaves
  • Toughened glass
  • Tyres
  • Soil
  • Oil

The above items can be taken to the North Farm Recycling Centre to be recycled or disposed of safely.

Business, commercial and trade waste

You can't use this service to dispose of trade or commercial waste. We report anyone who tries this to the Environment Agency, who can issue unlimited fines.

Any business that transports waste needs a licence to do so. You can apply to be a Registered Waste Carrier at the Environment Agency.